COVID-19: How to Prevent the Spread while Grocery Shopping
How can I safely grocery shop during COVID-19?
- Keep at least a six-foot distance from others and avoid touching your face.
- If possible, sanitize the handles of grocery baskets or shopping carts before shopping.
- Once home, wash your hands immediately; wash them again after handling and storing your purchased products.
How should I wash fruit and vegetables during COVID-19?
- Wash fruit and vegetables the same way you would in any other circumstance.
- Before handling them, wash your hands with soap and water and then wash the fruits/vegetables thoroughly with clean water.
Remember to wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face, maintain a six-foot distance from other people and only go out for essential items. For more information, visit the World Health Organization (WHO) online.